Monday Bible Class
Beginning Monday, September 8th at 7:15pm, we'll read and learn about Bible history, places and people. We'll start Abraham, sarah and Hagar. Sign up on the clipboard in Donaldson Hall or contact the church. Bring you Bible and your sense of humor. Handouts for the class and corny jokes will be provided free of charge.
Youth Cook-out and Kick-off
There will be a youth cook-out and program kick-off event on September 7th from 4:45pm to 6pm. We hope to see you there!
- Singing Saints: rehearsal at 10:30am on September 3rd. Luncheon at 11:30pm.
- Bells of Joy: rehearsal at 5:30pm on September 3rd.
- Bells of Praise: rehearsal at 6:30pm on September 3rd.
- Sanctuary Choir: Pot Luck Dinner on September 4th at 7pm. Rehearsal at 8pm.
- Youth Choir, Instrumental Ensemble & Guitar Choir: Rehearsal after the worship service on September 7th.
- Children's Music Program for the Community starts on Sunday, September 7th at 4:45pm.
Cleaning Out Your Closet?
The Strawberry Patch store at the Hermitage retirement community is in need of clothing and shoes, accessories, jewelry and purses. If you have items to donate or would like to volunteer, please contact the church office.
New Music Program
Starting in the fall, St. John's Music Ministry will host a Children's Music Program every Sunday afternoon from 4:45pm to 6pm. The program will include choir singing, rhythm/Orff Instruments, hand bells/hand chimes, recorder, and drama for children. The program will be open to children age 4 to the 5th grade and is open and free to the community. Registration starts on August 18 and ends on September 5th.
Children's Worship Volunteers Needed
Adult volunteers are needed to lead Children's Worship during the summer. It's fun and easy with little advance preparation required. Contact the Church office for more information.
CECE Preschool Registration
The Center for Early Childhood Education is accepting registrations for the 2014-15 school year. Call 703-256-7748 for more information.